Let me start off by saying how excited I am about this company & the products they have to offer! Let’s check them out 😀
Hey Honey has two main ingredients in their products & they are HONEY & PROPOLIS.
Honey is a sweet food substance produced and stored by bees and other insects using nectar from plants. The type of Honey most commonly referred to is honey made by honey bees. This is due to its worldwide production and consumption and it is the product that is used extensively in our Hey Honey Skin Care line.
A bit of beauty history
Cleopatra (c.69 BC – 30 BC) used honey in her daily beauty rituals to keep her skin smooth and firm. She added honey to her milk baths.
- Poppaea Sabina (30 – 65 AD) Emperor Nero’s second wife, washed her face 7 times a day with a milk and honey lotion.
- Hippocrates (460 BC) the great Greek scientist used honey for baldness, prevention and treatment of scars
- Nefertiti (1370 BC), the wife of the Egyptian Pharaoh Akhenaten, regularly used honey in her beauty regime. Her name, Nefertiti, was originally pronounced ‘Nafteta’ which means “the beauty has come”.
- Madame du Barry (1743 – 1793), the last mistress of King Louis XV of France, used honey as a face mask. Part of her beauty ritual was to lie down and rest after applying the mask.
- Queen Anne (1665 – 1714) was believed to have used a secret honey and oil recipe to keep her hair thick and shiny.
- Sarah, the Duchess of Marlborough (1660 – 1744), had her own secret recipe for a special honey water that she applied to her hair in order to keep it beautiful.
To read more click (HERE)
The word propolis is reputed to have been coined by Aristotle, from the Greek words “pro” (before) and “polis” (city), meaning, “Before The City”, or “Defender Of The City”.
Propolis is a resinous mixture that honey bees collect from tree buds, sap flows, or other botanical sources. In the hive, it is used to both seal and protect the bee larva (baby bee) chambers and as well as function as a natural disinfectant against bacteria. Using propolis in skin care products provides a similar defense for our skin.
A bit more history:
Propolis has been used for medicinal purposes since before 350 BC.
The ancient Greeks used propolis to treat abscesses, Assyrians used it to help heal wounds and tumors, and Ancient Egyptians used propolis for mummification.
Alongside enjoying the great effects of honey & milk baths, the gorgeous Egyptian Pharaoh Cleopatra started using propolis, a mystic, powerful ingredient that was used during the embalming process. Propolis was known for its preserving abilities and effective treatments, and she applied these traits to her skin.
In ancient Greece, Hippocrates, the most admired figure in the history of medicine, would use propolis to heal infections and wounds.
It’s no wonder propolis is one of Hey Honey’s foundation ingredients!
Want more? Read it (HERE)
Next on MY order list!!!
24Seven Honey Day & Night Cream
WHAT IS IT:
A revitalizing, lasting, anti-aging cream. It’s your one cream for Day or Night, for your Face, Neck, and Eye area.
WHY USE IT:
Use on neck, face and eye contour area. Soft yet active on delicate areas that are commonly the first to demonstrate signs of aging to prevent dryness that causes wrinkles.
WHO IS IT FOR:
All skin types, perfect for delicate skin that is showing signs of aging.
Apply sparingly all over the face, neck, and decollete area in the morning and evening after cleansing. Massage gently until absorbed.
WHAT IS IT:
An innovative biomimetic* honey peel cream treatment. The all-natural, rich, deep-cleansing formula purifies and resurfaces your skin to reveal a smooth, radiant texture. The innovative process provides moisture retention and enhanced elasticity without AHA’s.
* Bi·o·mi·met·ic : Relating to or denoting synthetic methods that mimic biochemical processes
WHY USE IT:
1. Improves skin texture after just one application
2. Smooths lines around the eye area by increasing cell turnover
3. Brightens skin and reduces dark circles under the eye
4. Aids in eliminating blackheads and breakouts, minimizes large pores
5. Reduces fine lines and smoothes the lip area
6. Promotes an even skin texture and tone by reducing dark spots
7. Enhances skin elasticity in face and neck
WHO IS IT FOR:
All skin types. Ideal for mature, flaky, and/or sun-damaged skin, and even stretch marks!
HOW TO USE:
A continuous, 3-5 minute fingertip massage is required to obtain optimal results from this honey peel. At first, the peel adheres to the skin and calls for deep, slow massage motions. Within a minute or less, it softens to a smooth, oily texture. Proceed with this massage for 2-3 minutes and finally rinse off. Paraben & S.L.S. free.
Interested? Click (HERE)
Don’t think Hey Honey has what you need? Well think again Hey Honey offers products for:
Acne and Oily Skin
Don’t forget to check out all their best sellers (HERE)
Now here’s what I can offer YOU!!!
Want 10% off your purchase?
Just use PROMO CODE: ImNoProHoney10
or simply click any link, like this on (HERE) haha 😀
Don’t forget to like and comment! If you have already had the chance to use Hey Honey products, tell me about your experience. What’s your favorite product and why?
Have a great day my fellow beauties!!! MUAH!